Hino, Japan

Hino is in the same area of Japan

 

“SISTER CITY”

REDLANDS SISTER CITIES ASSOCIATION

In 2010 the city had an estimated population of 182,092 and a population density of 6,610 persons per km. The total area is 27.53 km.

Hino is approximately in the center of Tokyo Metropolis. The city limits are distributed between three roughly. The western part is called Hino plateau on a plateau approximately 100 meters above see level. The southern part is Tama Hill in an area from 150 meters above see level to approximately 200 meters. And there is an alluvion of the Tama River of the eastern part from the northern part.

The area of present day Hino was part of ancient Musashi Province. During the Edo period, the village of Hino developed as a post station on the Kōshū Kaidō.

In the post-Meiji Restoration cadastral reform of 1871, Hino-juku became part of Kanagawa Prefecture. In the reorganization of districts in 1889, Hino-juku came under the jurisdiction of Minamitama District. The entire district was transferred to the control of Tokyo Prefecture on April 1, 1893, at which time Hino-juku was proclaimed Hino Town. The area of the town expanded through annexation of neighboring villages in 1901 and 1958. On November 3, 1963, Hino was elevated to city status.

Takahatahudou-keidai Temple in Hino, Tokyo

Tama Zoological Park

Statue of Hijikata Toshizo at Takahata Fudo temple